Are Dental Implants Right for You?
In dentistry today, dental implants seem to offer the best solution for replacing lost teeth. If one or several of your teeth are missing, dental implants are probably the best option you can have. Keep reading about how they can improve your smile. The following are the five topmost ways to find out whether or not you should go for dental implants as a replacement for your lost teeth:
1. You prefer a long-term solution for one missing tooth, if not more missing teeth. Dental implants are for life as long as they are properly cared for. Taking care of dental implants is the same as taking care of natural teeth. This means brushing two times a day as well as flossing at least once every day, and then visiting your dentist a couple of times each year for checkups and cleaning.
2. You do not like to be exceptionally careful about your teeth. You can talk, laugh, and eat without worrying that your teeth might fall out of place. Cleaning your dental implants also does not require that you remove them – plus no special glue is necessary to keep them in position.
3. You desire to have beautiful teeth that look natural. Compared to other types of dental restorations, implants have a look and feel that is similar to natural teeth. Regardless if it is only a single dental implant or else a full restoration, nobody will ever know that you are wearing one.
4. You want to eat anything you want. There isn’t any eating restriction when it comes to dental implants. This means that you can eat the food you want without fear of breaking or cracking the implants.
5. You want to maintain a younger looking smile. Dental implants will remain steady in your jawbone similar to how the natural roots of a tooth do. People with dentures will have recessed cheeks eventually as the jawbone resorbed, resulting to the shrinking of the jawbone. In effect, those wearing dentures usually look older